Sometimes I write things that aren’t complete stories, but I believe they nevertheless have some value. I may eventually incorporate these pieces into something larger, such as a complete story with a beginning, middle and end.
Who Are You? What Is This?
My name is Julie Threlkeld.
I tell stories. True stories.
This stuff actually happened.
What I’m Up To Lately
Last month I won my first story slam at the How I Learned Series "Best in Show" slam. I told a story involving a broken medicine cabinet and the science of happiness. For that effort I won a bag of candy. That was fun.
May and June are turning out to be writing months. In July I'll be back in front of the mic and appearing in two story shows. I'm very excited about both of these.
Next, on Thursday July 11, I'll perform a brand new story at an (almost) brand new monthly show, Talk Therapy. That will be at Happy Ending Lounge (corner of Broome and Allen in Manhattan) from 7:30-9:30.
I have gotten away from standup and I do have to say that I miss it terribly. So I may make it a goal to do an open mic or two in later July or early August. I have some new material that at least I think it funny. I want to see if strangers agree.
I also have a bunch of shorter pieces to post, but I'm incredibly busy with freelance work these days. It's a good feeling to have more writing lying around than I have time to share.
- I wanted to make a #visionboard but all I had lying around were L.L. Bean catalogs. I've manifested #kayaking and ill-fitting #chinos. 6 hours ago
- I'm popular. Because I said #porn. bit.ly/12U8Kwu 7 hours ago
- Spotted a foam earplug on the sidewalk. I am wearing foam earplugs right now. #mypeople 14 hours ago
- My hands smell like #chicken. Not good. 15 hours ago
- New story! Hear me talk! I tell a story about soup, art and the unreliable nature of memory. #storytelling bit.ly/14gcDY8 21 hours ago
Hey, I Know My Rights
© 2009-2013 Julie Threlkeld.
All rights reserved.